INFORMATION GATHERED THROUGH THE SITE
There are three ways in which information about you can be gathered when you use the xPeerient™ Site:
- When you visit the Site, our Web server identifies the IP address of your computer and resolves it into a domain name (a domain name is a computer address by which one computer communicates with the other).
- By using programming scripts, we collect information about the type of browser, operating system, and system configuration that you use.
- In order to obtain access to portions of our Site, including the Service, you will be required to provide certain information about yourself (which may include your name, contact information including your address, your phone number, the name of your organization, and your e-mail address, and/or preferred username and password). We refer to all of this information as “Personal Information”. The Personal Information provided by you may be used for such purposes as responding to your requests for certain products and services and communicating with you about new product and service offerings and it may be provided to another user of the Site upon your authorization.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION GENERALLY
Except for use of your Personal Information in connection with the Service as described below, xPeerient™ uses your Personal Information for internal purposes only. xPeerient™ does not and will not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise provide your information to third parties. xPeerient™ considers the privacy of our Site users to be of utmost importance. We may, in certain cases, share the information we collect with our partners in aggregate, anonymous form to ensure that we provide better service to our customers.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE
The company uses Data About xPeerient Customers to perform the services requested.
xPeerient uses credit card information solely to check the financial qualifications of prospective Customers and to collect payment for the Service.
DELETION AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Find out the details of any Personal Information we hold about you.
- Correct or update that Personal Information.
- Request that we delete Personal Information.
OUTSIDE PARTIES AND SITES
THIRD PARTY USE ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us improve our Site. These third parties may have limited access to databases of Site user information or registered member information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Site or the learning tools and they will not be able to use the information about our users or registered members for any other purpose.
CHANGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you want to correct or change any information we have about you or opt out of any programs, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for us to update your information.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
While we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. What does this mean? You must protect yourself. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. We recommend that you do not share your passwords with anyone. We will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited e-mail. The Internet is not a secure medium of communication and privacy cannot be ensured. We cannot assume any responsibility, nor will we be liable, for any damages you or a third party may suffer as a result of the transmission of any information that you make to us through the Internet, or as a result of any communication made via the Site.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
Last updated May 2010